Founded in 2005, The Urban Assembly School of Business for Young Women mission is to provide a high quality college-preparatory education to young women of diverse backgrounds in a nurturing and supportive environment. Our school fosters the development and growth of intelligent and socially conscious young women who will think independently, embrace diversity, and grow intellectually and emotionally. UASBYW encourages in each student integrity, responsibility and commitment to community. We prepare our young women to become future business leaders by exposing them to all areas of business and career options and to compete and succeed in a diverse and ever-changing business environment.
- Service: We engage in active and meaningful community service activities as members of the AOC Community Service Program.
- Teamwork: We communicate, share information, help others, recognize and reward accomplishments and learn from each other through long-lasting relationships.
- Respect: We develop respect for self, others and the community through resolving conflict and fostering an environment of trust and openness.
- Integrity: We uphold high morals and ethical standards, personally and professionally, standing up for our convictions and accepting responsibility for our mistakes.
- Diversity: We embrace and celebrate cultural and educational differences, create an inclusive environment, support others and foster creativity and innovation by bringing together our multicultural perspectives.
- Excellence: We exemplify leadership and innovation, in our school, homes and communities and encourage everyone to view challenges as opportunities