The Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts (UASPA) is a college-preparatory, performing arts high school. At UASPA, we believe that all students deserve access to a rigorous academic and artistic high school experience; therefore, we do not screen or audition our students. We have partnerships with organizations, such as Tony Bennett Foundation/Exploring the Arts, Martha Graham Dance Company, and EPIC Theatre Ensemble, that support our teachers with improving arts-infused instruction and provide students with exceptional art and career based learning experiences. We are also partnered with College Bound Initiative, a vital partner that enables us to maximize students' college awareness, access, placement, and financial aid awards.
- College-preparatory course work that includes AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP United States History, AP Statistics, AP Psychology
- Dual enrollment courses with SUNY (earn college credits in high school)
- Performing Arts conservatory education. After an introduction to Dance, Vocal Music and Theater, students audition for an arts major of their choice. At the end of their four years of study, students take the Arts Exit Exam allowing them to earn an arts-endorsed diploma.
- All students participate in our advisory program that focuses on the development of social-emotional skills.
- English Language Learning Courses: English as a New Language
- Language Courses: Spanish
Advanced Placement Courses: AP English Language and Composition, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History
- Arts Based Programs: EPIC Theatre Shakespeare Remix, Gospel Choir, Hip Hop, Performances (Winter Showcase, Major Performances, School Play)
- Athletics Based Programs: PSAL Boys Basketball, PSAL Girls Softball, Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Girls Volleyball
- Student Leadership Program: Peer Group Connection (student leadership group), Student Government, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook, Young Women’s and Young Men’s Mentoring Group
College Trips; Community Service Expected; Internships; Multi-Session School; Online Grading System; Saturday Programs; Student Parent Orientation; Summer Orientation; Uniform