The Urban Assembly Academy for Future Leaders is a 6-8th grade public Middle School focused on helping students discover themselves and develop into capable, caring and engaged global citizens who will live a full and meaningful life.
- Empathy:Ability to recognize, feel, and respond to the needs & suffering of others. Includes compassion, kindness, civic-mindedness.
- Curiosity: Ability to seek and acquire new knowledge, skills, and ways of understanding the world. Includes critical thinking, reasoning, love of learning.
- Sociability: Ability to understand & express feelings & behaviors that facilitate positive relationships. Includes active listening, self-regulation, communication skills
- Resilience: Ability to meet and overcome challenges in ways that maintain or promote well-being. Includes perseverance, initiative, self-confidence.
- Self-Awareness: Ability to examine and understand who we are relative to the world around us. Includes self-reflection, mindfulness, gratitude.
- Integrity: Ability to act in ways consistent with the values, beliefs, and moral principles we claim to hold. Includes courage, honesty, authenticity.
- Resourcefulness: Ability to find and use available resources to achieve goals, problem solve, & shape the future. Includes decision-making, organizing, planning.
- Creativity: Ability to generate & communicate original ideas & appreciate the nature of beauty. Includes aesthetics, imagination, playfulness.