The Urban Assembly is made up of a team of committed and passionate educators and professionals. We are dedicated to providing our students with a first-class public education and carry out this mission by hiring superior leaders, school staff, school support team staff, and administrative staff. We look for individuals whose skills and beliefs align with our commitment to our schools and students. All Urban Assembly schools were created based on the premise that small schools with compelling themes, strong partners, flexible hiring and innovative teaching practices can provide a top notch education to students who would otherwise attend large high schools. We strive for excellence in our schools and our organization, and are committed to leading by example to strengthen broad scale public education in this country.
Background on The Urban Assembly Unison School:
The Urban Assembly Unison School is a small middle school located in the Bedford Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn in a shared building with an elementary school. Unison, as we are fondly called, is in its fifth year and in its fourth year under the current principal, Emily Paige. This year, Unison is undertaking an innovative shift to become a unique Community School serving the school’s neighborhood, families and larger community. The school has an ambitious plan to transform into a thriving middle school that offers its students an enriched, hands-on curriculum shaped around career exploration labs and also offers its students and their families with a wide range of supports and services to ensure that each and every student at Unison is able to take his or her rightful seat at the table in school and in their worlds.
Community Schools Director Position:
We are actively seeking a Community Schools Director that will, with leadership and guidance from the school administration, collaboratively develop a plan and then oversee the actual transition to becoming a community school. This will include managing school services partnerships, developing and operating a Family Resource Center in the school building and overseeing the curricular job exploration partnerships through the Urban Assembly. The position will be staffed through Unison’s Community School Community Based Organization partner, The Urban Assembly.
Background on The Urban Assembly:
The Urban Assembly (UA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering underserved youth by providing them with the academic and life skills necessary for post-secondary success. It creates and supports unique, small public schools that are open to all students, scales up promising programs, and coordinates with hundreds of partner organizations in the private, public, non-profit and higher education sectors. The UA serves over 9,000 students in its 21 existing small district middle and high schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Salary, Location and Hours:
Interested in applying?
Send resume and cover letter directly to Emily Paige, Principal
By email: Emily.Paige@UAUnison.org
Or by mail:
Urban Assembly Unison School
170 Gates Avenue, Room 333
Brooklyn, NY 11238
The Urban Assembly (UA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering undeserved youth by providing them with the academic and life skills necessary for post-secondary success. It creates and supports unique, small public schools that are open to all students, scales up promising programs, and coordinates with hundreds of partner organizations in the private, public, non-profit and higher education sectors. The UA serves over 9,000 students in its 21 existing small district middle and high schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan, and it will open its first charter school, a CTE high school focused on computer science.
MATH INSTRUCTIONAL COACH
The Urban Assembly is seeking a dynamic and creative math guru to join our team of educators. As part of the instructional team, the Math Coach will help us meet our mission by building instructional capacity through coaching and supporting the implementation of curriculum and assessment across all Urban Assembly schools.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Master’s degree in education
* Minimum of five years as a classroom teacher
* Minimum of two years in school leadership or coaching position preferred
* Support school leaders and teachers in implementing best instructional practices in the math classroom and deepening content knowledge and pedagogy
* Curate and develop research supported, Common Core aligned curriculum; support implementation of curriculum across Urban Assembly schools
* Lead groups of teachers in analysis of assessment data to determine instructional next steps
* Establish positive working relationships with administrators and school staff
* Monitor the impact of work through network metrics
* Plan and execute high quality professional development to build capacity in mathematics across UA schools
* Facilitate visits across schools including Instructional Rounds and school intervisitations
* Operate as a member of a cross-functional team, including collaborating with team members to analyze relevant data/information in order to develop and refine school support plans
* Liaise with math instructional coaches and thought leaders across NYC and United States
* Maintain an understanding of major developments in educational research and policy
* Commensurate with experience.
* Generous benefits package.
The UA is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. The UA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Please send a resume and cover letter addressed to Alexis Goldberg, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should read “Math Instructional Coach.” No phone calls please.
The Urban Assembly School for Collaborative Healthcare
The Heartbeat of the Community
Job Description – Clinical Healthcare Career and Technical Education Teacher
Established in September 2014, the Urban Assembly School for Collaborative Healthcare is a public high school that prepares high school students for post-secondary education and careers in healthcare. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are interested in joining our instructional team in a full-time capacity. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
· Provide classroom instruction to students in a Certified Nurse Assistant/Aide Program
· Work closely with the Principal, Partnership Coordinator and other members of the instructional team to complete documentation required for program approval by the 2017- 2018 school year
· Teach an introductory course for future health professionals using the approved Health Occupations Educational Core curriculum starting in the 2016-2017 school year
· Teach technical skills needed to pass the CNA licensing exam using the approved CNA curriculum starting in the 2017-2018 school year
· Supervise students in required clinical experiences off-site starting in the 2017-2018 school year and maintain appropriate records
· Collaborate with the Partnership Coordinator who is responsible for implementing a sequence of on-site and off-site industry-exposure activities such as field trips, presentations by professionals and community service
· Assist with ordering supplies and maintaining the inventory of classroom equipment
· Other responsibilities deemed necessary to meet instructional objectives
· Participate in mandatory professional development sessions for staff
· Serve as an advisor to a subset of students
· Facilitate an afterschool enrichment opportunity, if possible MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Available to work on a full-time basis
· Possess at least two years of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse
· Possess an interest in teaching youth
To receive occasional updates regarding Urban Assembly programs, events and activities, please sign-up below for our e-newsletter.