The Urban Assembly believes that demography should not determine a young person's destiny and that a first class public education is a basic human right. Our schools are open to all students and serve a population of predominantly at-risk, under-resourced youth. Across The Urban Assembly schools group:
- 85% of students are low-income
- 83% of 9th graders and 79% of 6th graders enter below grade level in at least one subject
- 21% of middle school students and 20% of high school students require Individualized Education Plans (Special Needs).
- 51% of students are Latino, 40% are African American, 5% are Asian, and 3% are White
- 11% of middle school students and 6% of high school students are English Language Learners (ELLs)